Welcome to the Comm100 Feedback Forum. Your thoughts and comments will help to shape the future of our products. We appreciate your feedback!

Returning to the web page on mobile device

When using a pop-out chat window, the client is looking for a way to return to the webpage once the chat window has taken up the entire screen. The client is having to click the 'Restore' option, or the close icon to go back to the regular window.

Screenshot attached.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick McCarthy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminLolly (Product Manager, Comm100) commented  · 

Hi Krissie, the 'Restore' option appears after you 'pop up' an Embedded Chat Window. When using Embedded Chat Window on Mobile, just one click on the Minimise icon can go back to the regular window. You don't have to pop it up.

• Krissie commented  · 

I have it set to Embedded chat window, from what you are saying I should get the restore but I don't.

• AdminTony Sandhu (Admin, Comm100) commented  · 

If Type is set to Popup Chat Window, the chat window popped up does not have the Restore option; if set to Embedded Chat Window, and visitor pop up the chat window, then it has the Restore option.

• AdminLolly (Product Manager, Comm100) commented  · 

> the issue is I don’t get a restore option to go back to the regular window

Please check the Chat Window Type setting in Live Chat > Campaign > Chat Window. Is Type set to Popup Chat Window?

• AdminTony Sandhu (Admin, Comm100) commented  · 

Thank you for your feedback, Krissie. This could be a subjective matter and we are looking into it. I will be in touch directly with you going forward with findings.

Closing this request for now per your feedback.

• Krissie commented  · 

This is not actually the issue and I was not on a mobile device.. the issue is I don't get a restore option to go back to the regular window :(. Window is just stuck open until I close it and then when I click again it keeps appearing in the popup and sometimes the pop up is hidden somewhere behind other screens and doesn't come to surface so looks as though I can't chat at all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base